Jumat, 03 Februari 2012

SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS



SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS


1.    Bim : Do you know that... our monorail project next
week?
Bram : Really? I have to prepare our progress report
of it then.
A. the government could check
B. the governor will review
C. I have reported
D. we visited
2.    Caller : Hello. ...?
Nita : I'm sorry, he is out. Could you call back at
four?
Caller : All right. Thank you.
A. Could you speak to Mr. Aziz, please
B. Can I take a message from you
C. Could I speak to Mr. Aziz, please
D. Would you like to call him again
3.    Fitha : Excuse me. I don't think ... you before. My
name's Fitha.
Marshall : Nice to meet you. I'm Bev Marshall.
A. I saw you .
B. I need to talk
C. I have met you
D. I should contact you
4.    Receptionist : Family Restaurant. Can I help you?
Bunga : Yes, please. ... for next Saturday
evening.
Receptionist : I'm afraid we can't. We're fully booked
this month.
A. I need to reserve a room
B. I want to book a ticket
C. I'd like to reserve two tables
D. I really need your help
5.    Fatin I : What does our new English teacher look
like?
Nana : ... He is fit to be a model.
A. He has a new car.
B. He is nice and wise.
C. He looks happy.
D. He's tall and slim.
6.    Receptionist : Good morning. May I help you?
Risa : Yes. My name is Risa and I have an
appointment with Dr. Ibrahim at 10
o'clock.
Secretary : Sorry, ...
A. He is treating a patient at the moment
B. He was talking on the phone
C. He is out of town
D. He was still on the way
7.    Brother : Izha,... to borrow your motorcycle?
Izha : Sure, but remember to fill up the tank.
A. did you ask me
B. can you come
C. will you be able
D. is it possible for me
Winny : When did you come back from the job
training program in Bangkok?

8.    Fanny : I just arrived yesterday.
Winny : ...
Fanny : Oh, yes. I enjoyed everything there,
especially the training.
A. Will you enjoy the training?
B. Did you have a great time?
C. Are you going to attend a training?
D. Do you plan to go back?
9.    Linda : Could you tell me how to operate the new
cleaner?
Salesman : Yes, Ma'am. Firstly ...
Linda : Oh, I see.
A. You put on the power button at the side of the cleaner.
B. You turn up the power button at the top of the machine.
C. You turn on the power button at the left side of the machine.
D. You replace the power button at the side of the cleaner.

10.              Titi : It's already lunch time. I feel like starving.
Danu : Let's eat at the cafeteria, then.
Titi : ...I'm rather bored with the food there.
A. Why don't we have something different?
B. What about having lunch together?
C. How about dinner?
D. Let's not eat anywhere else.

225 New Station Road,
Agra – 7
March 2, 2007
To: The Manager,
Navajivan Trading Co.
Dear Sir, ,
In response to your advertisement in "The Times of India" of today that you are on the lookout for enterprising and
capable men who can take up market research for you, I respectfully offer myself as candidate for the post. I give below
in brief my qualifications and experience in the line for your kind consideration:
I am a diploma holder in commercial courses from S.D. College of Commerce, Agra, and had taken marketing as
my .special subject of study.
I have worked as a field investigator with Messrs Kirpal Marketing and Trading Co., Agra for about two years on
a salary of Rs. 1 800/-p.m. and had the privilege of winning laurels from my superiors in regard to my work as well as
general conduct.
I am a young man of about 24 years and possess good health and personality. I have pleasing manners, hardworking
disposition and keenness for outdoor jobs. I am unmarried and can be posted to any area of the country for
market study. I can speak, beside Hindi, Punjabi, and English, some southern languages too. I can join immediately.
I shall highly appreciate if an opportunity is given to me to explain my experience to you in person during my
interview. Would you kindly let me know the time and date when it will be convenient for you? Thanking you, I am
looking forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,

11.              What position does Bhalla apply for?
A. A candidate of a reporter in 'The Times of India'.
B. A candidate of a market researcher.
C. A candidate of a field investigator.
D. A candidate of a university lecturer.

12.              What will the company most probably do before
inviting Bhalla to an interview?
A. To ask him to hold a press conference.
B. To admit him directly as a new employee.
C. To find information from his former employer.
D. To send back his application letter without notice.

13.              "I give below in brief my qualifications ..." (paragraph
1).
The antonym of the underlined phrase is ...
A. long
B. short
C. concise
D. simple

In April 2005 the number of people killed in December 26 tsunami disaster which devastated 11 Indian Ocean
Countries has been revised down to 217,000 after Indonesia drastically reduced its number of missing. Indonesia
remains the worst hit country, with 163,978 people dead and missing. According to the National Disaster Relief
Coordination Agency, the number confirmed dead was 126,915 people while 37,063 were listed as" missing. Officials
said the figure had been reduced because many people listed as missing had now been identified among more then half
a million homeless people living in the temporary camps or other shelters. The toll in Sri Lanka, which was second
hardest hit by the catastrophe, was 30,957, according to The Center for National Operations. The number of people
listed as missing was 5,637, but many were expected to be among those never formally identified, hurriedly buried and
included in the confirmed death toll.

14.              How many people were reported missing when Sri
Lanka was hit by catastrophe?
A. 5,637.
B. 30,957.
C. 163,978.
D. 217,000.

15.              '... drastically reduced ...' (line 2)
The antonym of the word 'reduced' is …
A. devastated
B. revised
C. increased
D. remained

16.              '... its number ...' (line 3).
The word 'its' refers to ...
A. Indonesia
B. Sri Lanka
C. Number
D. People

17.              You will hear: Girl : Are you sixteen yet?
Boy : Not yet, but my birthday is in March.
Girl : When in March?
Boy : It is March 20th.
You will read : What do you learn from the conversation?
A. The girl is sixteen years old.
B. The boy is twenty years old.
C. The boy was born in March.
D. The girl's birthday is March 20.
Choice (C) - "The boy was born in March" - best answers the question [What do you learn from the conversation?].
Therefore, you should mark (C) on your answer sheet.

18.              Where will the man be tomorrow morning?
A. At the woman's house.
B. At his own house.
C. At the cinema.
D. At a meeting.

19.              What product are they talking about?
A. A painting.
B. A brochure.
C. A computer.
D. A television.

20.              How will the man go to Makassar?
A. By bus.
B. By train.
C. By plane.
D. By ship.

21.              What does the woman want?
A. To borrow a pen.
B. To buy some paper.
C. To write an article.
D. To finish her writing.


1 komentar: